Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Actress Kim Min Ji lashes out against negativity surrounding her graduation photos

Earlier, we reported about how actress Kim Min Ji’s graduation photos were a hot topic on the internet. It looks like things took a turn for the nasty, as the actress recently lashed out against the hateful comments made by netizens because of her past hairstyles.

One style in particular is drawing a lot of attention, because it’s characteristically known for being popular amongst ‘iljins,’ a type of rebellious, gang-like group in schools.

On the morning of March 29th, Kim Min Ji wrote the following through her mini-homepage:

“Did I commit such an evil against society by having that hairstyle for my junior high school graduation photo? Did I kill someone? Just because I have that hairstyle, I’m suddenly an ‘iljin’ now?

Because of this simple hairstyle, I’ve now become some kind of trashy street-gang member that should go die. Seriously, in just one moment, I’ve become some kind of disgusting monster.

I’m pursuing a career that I love. Is there a law that says I can’t have that hair style when taking pictures? Why do my parents need to be cursed at just because I chose such a hairstyle for my photo? Did I commit such an evil against everyone? Really… this, this is so hard.

But you know what? I’m not as tasteless as the people who judge someone without even knowing them, and treat them and their parents like trash over a hairstyle. Even when I had that hairstyle, I never treated someone like trash, nor did I say things that dug at their hearts.

It’s so easy for you all to kill someone, isn’t it?”

The post has since been deleted from her Cyworld.





source: allkpop

No comments:

Post a Comment